Tuesday, April 15, 2008

More Learny Goodness from Sunday's Workshop.

What have we learned today, kids?

We have learned that caveat emptor can apply to so much more than a can of soda at a questionable bodega.

I went with Tali and Francis to a wedding photography workshop on Sunday. I knew what to expect. I went to the instructors' professional website. I looked at photos of the location. I knew what I was in for as far as style and content.

Wedding stuff is big business and it pays to know a few good tricks here and there. And, I did learn a few tidbits of business-related info.

Photography-wise, however, I didn't learn anything that I didn't already know. It was a very frustrating Sunday. There were simply too many people and no real structure. I would have expected, for my money, an actual lesson plan. Some guidance on technique. And a restriction on how many photographers could shoot at one time.

Instead it was a mad crush of people, flashes popping from all directions, crammed together searching for just the right shot. All the while the model had no idea whom to look at or whom to take direction from.

I learned more from the Vicci Strobist shoot than at this one.

And, Strobist cost me less than half as much.

Never again. Not without some research.

That said, I got a few decent shots.

Here they are:

Lauren402

Kristen187

Lauren27

No comments: